Apr 1, 2011

Career and Life Coaching Tip of the Day...

Goal Setting” during your current job search”... 

"For me, goals are my road map to the life I want. They have helped me accomplish things I once thought were impossible." - Catherine Pulsifer
____________________________________________________________________________
“Goal setting” during your current job search is crucial, important and necessary. Achievers are candidates who set goals and meet them.

Goal Setting involves…….being positive, thinking in the present, having a greater sense of self awareness, creating and developing objectives, measuring obtainable achievements, being specific, being realistic, being purposeful, action-oriented, creating a vision and monitoring the progress.
Evaluation and Checklist Form for my current job search:
1. Understand what you want to accomplish.
2. Brainstorm ideas.
3. Make your questions open-ended.
4. Utilization of: email and instant message accounts, google and other search engines, blogs, linkedIn, my space, facebook, and other social networking sites.
5. Identifying: my career options, work experience, background , interests and values so I know what type of opportunity will match my personality and aptitudes the best.
6. Networking with peers, colleagues, friends and family members to discover job positions.
7. Researching and being proactive in contacting prospective firms.
8. What size firm do I want to work in? industry? Why?
9. What’s working and what’s not working?
10. I need to increase/decrease my efforts in?
____________________________________________________________________________
"You have to set goals that are almost out of reach. If you set a goal that is attainable without much work or thought, you are stuck with something below your true talent and potential." - Steve Garvey.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment